Wrestleworld
Welcome to Wrestleworld! We offer here a world unlike any other you've seen before, led by Director, Jaywalker, and the Architects he has assigned to manage the 4 Championships of Wrestleworld that each represent their own culture and wrestling style! Feel free to look around and explore before joining, and enjoy your stay!
Wrestleworld
Welcome to Wrestleworld! We offer here a world unlike any other you've seen before, led by Director, Jaywalker, and the Architects he has assigned to manage the 4 Championships of Wrestleworld that each represent their own culture and wrestling style! Feel free to look around and explore before joining, and enjoy your stay!
Wrestleworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Countdown
Last Event
Wrestleworld Presents
DEATH SENTENCE 2022

Twitter Feed
Latest topics
» HaVeN
Preface & Epilogue I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 4:36 pm by HaVeN

» Desdemona Luciana
Preface & Epilogue I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 4:31 pm by HaVeN

» Phoenix Lestrange
Preface & Epilogue I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 4:26 pm by HaVeN

» TJ Bennett explains his motivation for Destino
Preface & Epilogue I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2022 12:02 am by UltimaPrime

» Anarchy unleashed
Preface & Epilogue I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2022 12:00 am by Mr.Horror

» Smarten Up and OBEY
Preface & Epilogue I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 11:46 pm by April Song

» Don't Count Me Out Yet...
Preface & Epilogue I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 11:11 pm by AmberJenkins09

» My Destino: To Fight
Preface & Epilogue I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 10:35 pm by Emmanuelle

» Lessons learned and that old familiar sting
Preface & Epilogue I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 10:35 pm by Devon Slayton

Book 3 Chapters Champions
Under construction...
DOMINION Season 2 Champions
Under construction...
Discord Server
Wrestleworld Partners

Preface & Epilogue

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Candle
Clients
Candle

Preface & Epilogue Empty
PostSubject: Preface & Epilogue   Preface & Epilogue I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2020 11:31 pm

(July 19, 7:02 AM. Location: A corridor in Wrestleworld Castle as Tony Rolland briskly walks away from a fast approaching Claudia Michaels.)

Claudia Michaels: HEY! HEY ROLLAND! WHAT THE HELL!?!

(A redheaded woman peeks around a corridor as Tony reaches it and spots Claudia. They lock eyes. Darting her eyes to and from the ginger and Tony, Claudia clenches her fists at her side and storms toward them as they freeze in their tracks and watch her approach like deer in oncoming headlights.)

Claudia Michaels: Why the hell are you two here!?!

Tony Rolland: Because it's funny that we're he-

Claudia Michaels: SHUT UP! I've had it up to here with your games, Tony. As much as you love screwing with that kid's head back there, you'd never go out of your way to break into my castle to do it, ESPECIALLY with her!

(The redhead grabs Tony's arm as he strokes the goatee protruding through his mask's chinstrap in thought.)

Jennifer Rose: I thought you were going to talk to her about it.

Claudia Michaels: About what!?!

(Tony sighs and gently pushes Jenn aside to reveal a young woman propped up against the wall, zoning out with her ear pods in as she lip syncs music, seemingly unaware of the three adults watching her. Claudia looks at Tony. Tony nods toward Jenn. Jenn meekly shrugs toward Claudia as Claudia bites down on her bottom lip and shakes her trembling head as the rage builds up behind her eyes.)

Claudia Michaels: No.

Tony Rolland: But we haven't even asked yet-

Claudia Michaels: Whatever it is, the answer's no. I'm done picking up the pieces of these broken people that you leave in your wake. The answer is no, and the answer is final.

Jennifer Rose: What is she talking about?

(The lighthearted fun in Tony's eyes dims as he turns to his wife, grabbing her hands as they look into one another's eyes. As if reading his mind, Jenn's face fills with concern as she turns to Claudia.)

Jennifer Rose: Andrew?

Claudia Michaels: Andrew.

Tony Rolland: The kid hasn't exactly been a model citizen lately. There's a reason I didn't have you follow me to his room.

(Tony gently traces Jennifer's face with his hand, before stopping at her hairline and letting his fingers run thorugh her red hair. Claudia rolls her eyes.)

Claudia Michaels: ix ney on the inch Ley.

Jennifer Rose: She's not the same though. Claudia, she's a good kid.

Claudia Michaels: Since when did this castle become a foster home? Why me? I hate my own kids, and I haven't exactly been a nurturing mother figure to Andrew.

Tony Rolland: (not taking his eyes off of his wife) She tortured him.

Jennifer Rose: What?

Claudia Michaels: Torture is a harsh word, Rolland. I'd say you probably did more physical and psychiatric damage to the kid as an absentee trainer and role model. I remember watching him take hits in the other place. Unnecessary hits. Hits that would end anyone else's career, but that's all he knew so that's what he did.

Tony Rolland: He got better.

Jennifer Rose: We're not leaving my niece here with this...this monster.

Claudia Michaels:-said the formerly brainwashed hitwoman prostitute to the schizophrenic man-child.

(Jennifer smacks Tony's hands away and snaps around to Claudia.)

Jennifer Rose: I didn't have what you would call a 'healthy upbringing'. I was brainwashed, tortured, and isolated until they broke me and rebuilt me into what they wanted. As far as being a hooker assassin goes, I didn't have much of a choice in the matter, now did!?

(Claudia stares daggers into Tony. Tony continues staring at his wife as Claudia sneers and nods toward Andrew Sander's bedroom door.)

Claudia Michaels: Neither did he, but unlike you Tony Rolland didn't come in to save the day when the chips were down. He's a joke to him. An experiment, a flight of fancy. I half considered not chasing him down because he's right, he does like fucking with Andrew. He likes messing with his head just about as much as I do. He doesn't care, so why should I? Why should I care about any of your sob stories? Why should I care about her?

(Tony and Jenn turn to the young 20something as she continues to rock out on mute. Claudia glowers at all three before turning to walk away.)

Tony Rolland: Fine. I'll train her then.

(Claudia turns back, smirking as she rolls her eyes at Tony.)

Claudia Michaels: What?

Tony Rolland: I'll do it.

(Tony clasps Jenn's hand and stares into his wife's eyes once more.)

Tony Rolland: We'll do it. All we need from you is a contract and-

Claudia Michaels: You don't know how to train anyone, Tony.

Tony Rolland: Yes I do. I trained Andrew.

Claudia Michaels: Poorly.

Tony Rolland: The kid's a former world champion twice over. I'll admit that he had the markings of a prodigy, but he learned more from me in a weekend than you ever managed to instill in him over the past eight months.

Claudia Michaels: Oh really?

"You didn't train him."

Tony Rolland: Yeah really, and I resent this self-serving idea that somehow you trained him Claudia.

Claudia Michaels: I never said that.

"I did! YOU didn't train HIM."

(They all turn to look around the hallway, only to find Percy standing at the other end. The three turn back to their conversation circle.)

Tony Rolland: Well someone said it, and I resent the impl-

(Tony's stopped mid sentence by a big meaty hand on his shoulder. He turns to find himself eye to eye with Percy.)

Percy: Boo

(Tony jumps backwards in surprise.)

Tony Rolland: Holy shit, he talks. Did you know he talks?

Jennifer Rose: I didn't know he talked!

Claudia Michaels: I knew he talked.

Percy: You didn't know dick, Claudia. I trained the boy. While you three were busy playing patty cake and reaping the benefits of my work, he and I were training day and night.

Claudia Michaels: Does he know you talk?

Percy: Hell no! and he's not gonna learn either. Not like it's that hard to hide from you people. I swear, you're so far up your own-

Claudia Michaels: Why can't he know?

Tony Rolland: What do you mean "you people?"

Jennifer Rose: TONY!

Percy: See? the three of you are bickering like the three stooges while I'm over here trying to speak my peace. It's been like that since E-

Tony Rolland: NO! no, we...we don't say that place anymore.

Claudia Michaels: We don't.

Jennifer Rose: Why?

Percy: ...I'll train the girl...

Tony Rolland: Because they were mean to us.

Claudia Michaels: They were jerks.

Jennifer Rose: How were they jerks? be more specific.

Percy: ...I said...I'll train the girl...

Tony Rolland: They just are. Andy wanted to do a tour and they said he couldn't.

Claudia Michaels: They were against Wrestleworld too.

Jennifer Rose: Hmm, gee, I wonder why anyone would be against a FIGHT ISLAND!

Percy: Forget this...

Tony Rolland: Yeah, I'm pretty sure the U.S. government was against this place.

Claudia Michaels: They still are, although quarantine's shut them up a bit.

Jennifer Rose: Are we six feet apart? I feel like we should-

Tony Rolland: Shhhh

Jennifer Rose: What?

Tony Rolland: Wait...something's missing.

Claudia Michaels: Your sense of self-awareness?

Tony Rolland: SHSHSHSHSHSHSH!

Claudia Michaels: Don't shush me. I'll shush you! Get the hell outta my cas-

Jennifer Rose: WAIT!...where'd Cynthia go?

Tony Rolland: That's what's missing, that low dull frequency of white noise that's always present when Percy's around.

Claudia Michaels: That's called 'hearing someone else talk', you should try it more often.

Tony Rolland: SHHHH!

Claudia Michaels: I swear to god Rolland..

Jennifer Rose: Hey, Percy's gone too. Where did they go?

(July 19, 7:15 AM. Location: The gym of Wrestleworld Castle as Percy holds up a pair of boxing mits and pats them in front of Cynthia, still wearing her head phones and dancing to her own groove.)

Percy: Hey kid! Time for striking lessons.

(Cynthia snaps out of her private concert and stares at Percy, then takes in the room around her in confusion.)

Cynthia Rose: Where am I? Who are you?

Percy: I'm the guy whose going to train you to be a wrestler.

Cynthia Rose: Oh. I already know how to wrestle.

Percy: Okay prodigy, show me what you got.

(Percy pats the punching mits together and motions for Cynthia to start swinging, but before he can even get her attention fully, she's already back in her one-woman mosh pit. Percy sighs and yanks an air pod out of her ear and tosses it aside as Cynthia scoffs in confused annoyance.)

Cynthia Rose: Rude!

Percy: Let me see what you're packing, little dynamite.

Cynthia Rose: Oh...like punching? Yeah, I don't do that.

Percy: You better start, because anyone and everyone you face in Wrestleworld is going to kick and punch to their heart's content.

Cynthia Rose: Yeahhhh, but I don't like that. I don't believe in that. That's rude. You're kinda rude too.

(Cynthia starts to bend down to pick up her discarded air pod, only to get popped in the cheek by one of Percy's boxing mits.)

Cynthia Rose: HEY!

Percy: C'mon short stack, show me what you're packing.

Cynthia Rose: Don't do that again. It ain't nice!

Percy: Tough, people aren't nice on the island.

(Percy takes another swipe with his padded palm, only for Cynthia bob out of the way and watch it go flying past her face. After it passes, she shoves Percy. Her face reads as visibly upset as her cheeks redden and her eyes gloss over, threatening the prospect of a young woman's tears on the verge of shedding.)

Cynthia Rose: Cut it out!

Percy: Shorty can dodge a punch. That's good, but what if I come in for a combo?

(Percy lunges at Cynthia with an attempted double palm thrust, but the petite fighter manages to catch the mits, toss them off, and bring Percy down to his knees with an impressive Grecco-Roman knuckle lock in one fluid motion.)

Percy: Agh!

Cynthia Rose: Ohmygosh, sorry!

(Cynthia immediately breaks the knuckle lock and gently starts rubbing Percy's hand.)

Cynthia Rose: I-I didn't mean to do that, but you kept pushing me and I just had to.

(Cynthia sees a glint in Percy's eye. They stare silently at each other for a half second, before Percy takes a wild swing at Cynthia's head. Cynthia ducks under and locks her grip around Percy's waist. Using his own momentum against him she lifts him up with a 5 points belly-to-back suplex and slams him down on his stomach. Percy wheezes breathlessly as Cynthia, once again bemoaning her own handiwork starts fanning Percy off.)

Cynthia Rose: Omigod, breathe honey. Breathe.

"Impressive!"

(The two look up to find Claudia, Jennifer, and Tony standing in the gym doorway. Tony smiles ear to ear as he rubs his hands together with excitement.)

Jennifer Rose: I guess she's ready.

Claudia Michales: Mmm..she's not nearly ready, but there's raw talent there for sure. I'll give her that. I'll get her a contract too, so long as she stays away from my belt.

Tony Rolland: I can't wait to start training her.

(Percy lunges off the mat, nearly toppling Cynthia over as he wheezes out a hearty 'NO!')

Tony Rolland: Wha-

Percy: I said no. You had your chance. This one's mine.

Tony Rolland: Oh...well, okay I guess. Can she at least stay he-

Claudia Michaels: No. All of you, get the hell out of my castle immediately. I wont ask politely again.

(With that, Claudia storms off, leaving Percy, Tony, and Jenn watching on as she struts down the corridor and disappears out of sight)

Tony Rolland: Well, I don't know what to tell ya kid. I guess you have to go home.

Cynthia Rose: I can't, they'll laugh at me and call me a failure. I'll find a way to stick around, don't you fret unc.

Jennifer Rose: Sweetie, the last time you did things your way you ended up stranded in the desert after your car broke down on the side of the longest stretch of road in America. It's OK if you didn't finish college. I'd imagine most of Hickory hasn't even attempted college.

Cynthia Rose: I-I can't go back, Aunt Jenn. 'rasslin' was supposed to be my ticket out. I was supposed to put Hickory on the map and leave it in my rear view. Now I can't even go home without feeling everyone staring at me when I so much as leave the front porch.

Tony Rolland: Well if you can't stay here, then I don't know what we're going to do with you. Claudia was kind of a hail mary as it was.

Percy: I know a few places she can stay until we nail down a permanent residence for her.

Tony Rolland:...really?

Percy: Yeah, that fuck up Andy runs away from home every other week. I reckon we've stayed in every hotel on this island.

Jennifer Rose: Hey, can we hold back on the swearing? there's a young woman present.

Cynthia Rose: Aunt Jenn doesn't like swearing. I don't like swearing either.

Percy: My apologies. I'm not used to anyone listening to me, but I should have enough common sense not to swear in front of a couple of ladies.

Tony Rolland: So..what? you two are just going to shack up together until things settle down? I don't know how I feel about that.

Percy: I'm not going to try and take advantage of her, Tony. Even if I had the slightest inkling of doing something like that, which I don't, did you see her lift me off of my feet and slam me to the ground? Girl can take care of herself.

Jennifer Rose: What other options do we have?

Tony Rolland: Being responsible adults and taking care of her ourselves?

(Jenn and Tony share a telepathic stare down, seemingly reacting to one another's thoughts with conflicted expressions as they think them silently.)

Jennifer Rose: He's right. There's a reason Tony and I don't have any children. We're not good at this.

Tony Rolland: I mean, we almost turned her over to wrestling's wicked stepmother, Claudia Michaels. THAT sounded like a better option for her than us. If anything I should be thanking you for giving me a slightly better option than her.

Percy: Thanks...I think.

Tony Rolland: Have her ready by late August at the earliest. I think that's when Wrestleworld starts a new book. What better way to do that than introducing a new protagonist to the story?

(Jennifer Rose gently punches her niece on the arm with a playful love tap and scruffs her hair.)

Jennifer Rose: How does that sound to you kid?

Cynthia Rose: How does what sound? leaving me with a giant dude whose going to train me how to wrestle? Horrifying. That sounds horrifying.

Tony Rolland: We'll be in touch, don't worry. As for now, I say we blow this popsicle stand. I think I just heard a silent alarm go off, and there's no telling what atrocities it will attract. Might even summon the Pizza Boy. Let's get out of here.

(The four depart as the sound of a bedroom door opening is heard close behind them. A sleepy Andrew Sanders walks into shot, rubbing his eyes as he stares up at the ceiling in annoyance.)

Andrew Sanders: ...the hell is the silent alarm going off?

(Agitated, Andrew throws his hands to his side and storms back off to his room as the camera fades to black. Moments later it comes up with a new date in the corner of the screen as Cynthia Rose approaches a glassed off counter.)

August 19th, 9:47 AM.
A beaming Cynthia Rose approaches the glass.

Cynthia Rose: Howdy.

Receptionist: Name?

Cynthia Rose: Cynthia Rose. I was referred here by Claudia Michaels

Receptionist: Oh. Yeeeeah, Claudia isn't here today. Rough night at Dream World. Not sure when she's coming back in. What did you say your name was again? Cindy? yeah it's not on the list.

Cynthia Rose: Oh, beg your pardon. It's Cynthia. I must not have spoken clearly. My apologies. Maybe check with Andrew Sanders. He and I share a trainer. He might know about this appointment. See, he lives with-

Receptionist: Uhhhh...he's not doing too well either, miss...?

Cynthia Rose: Oh. Oh gosh. I'm-I'm sorry. It's 'Rose'

Receptionist: Rose, Rose, Rose...nope, not seein' it.

(Cynthia's chipper smile waivers for a moment as her and the receptionist stare at one another blankly, both waiting for the other to crack.)

Cynthia Rose: ...well, thanks anyway. I guess I'll come back on a later date when one of'em can vouch for me.

Receptionist: Yeah...yeah that might be for the best.

Cynthia Rose: Have a good day...(to herself under her breath) ..shoulda checked with Percy before..

Receptionist: Percy? Oh, you're with Percy?

(The glow returns to Cynthia's cheeks as the receptionist's inflection abandons it's dismissive monotone.)

Cynthia Rose: Yeah. Percy's my trainer.

Receptionist: Yup, here you are. You should've said Percy from the get go. He's quite the mover and shaker around these parts. Can't get'em to shut up long enough to get a word in edgewise. Is he your manager too?

Cynthia Rose: Yeah. He's a good man. I'm glad someone around here appreciates him other than me.

(The receptionist nods and smiles vacantly as they press a button and the door beside their desk buzzes and clicks ajar.)

Receptionist: Head on back. You'll be in office C, cubicle 9, desk yellow.

Cynthia Rose: C, 9, yellow...got it. Thank you kindly for your help.

Receptionist: Well aren't you just the sweetest ray of sunshine to cross my desk this morning.

(Cynthia gives a half curtsy and heads through the door. As soon as it closes behind her, it buzzes locked and the camera fades to black.)

Back to top Go down

Preface & Epilogue
Page 1 of 1