Wrestleworld
Welcome to Wrestleworld! We offer here a world unlike any other you've seen before, led by Director, Jaywalker, and the Architects he has assigned to manage the 4 Championships of Wrestleworld that each represent their own culture and wrestling style! Feel free to look around and explore before joining, and enjoy your stay!
Wrestleworld
Welcome to Wrestleworld! We offer here a world unlike any other you've seen before, led by Director, Jaywalker, and the Architects he has assigned to manage the 4 Championships of Wrestleworld that each represent their own culture and wrestling style! Feel free to look around and explore before joining, and enjoy your stay!
Wrestleworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Countdown
Last Event
Wrestleworld Presents
DEATH SENTENCE 2022

Twitter Feed
Latest topics
» HaVeN
How do you feel about "Found Footage" Horror Movies? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 4:36 pm by HaVeN

» Desdemona Luciana
How do you feel about "Found Footage" Horror Movies? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 4:31 pm by HaVeN

» Phoenix Lestrange
How do you feel about "Found Footage" Horror Movies? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 4:26 pm by HaVeN

» TJ Bennett explains his motivation for Destino
How do you feel about "Found Footage" Horror Movies? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2022 12:02 am by UltimaPrime

» Anarchy unleashed
How do you feel about "Found Footage" Horror Movies? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2022 12:00 am by Mr.Horror

» Smarten Up and OBEY
How do you feel about "Found Footage" Horror Movies? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 11:46 pm by April Song

» Don't Count Me Out Yet...
How do you feel about "Found Footage" Horror Movies? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 11:11 pm by AmberJenkins09

» My Destino: To Fight
How do you feel about "Found Footage" Horror Movies? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 10:35 pm by Emmanuelle

» Lessons learned and that old familiar sting
How do you feel about "Found Footage" Horror Movies? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 10:35 pm by Devon Slayton

Book 3 Chapters Champions
Under construction...
DOMINION Season 2 Champions
Under construction...
Discord Server
Wrestleworld Partners

How do you feel about "Found Footage" Horror Movies?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
El Drake Jaeger
Clients
El Drake Jaeger

How do you feel about "Found Footage" Horror Movies? Empty
PostSubject: How do you feel about "Found Footage" Horror Movies?   How do you feel about "Found Footage" Horror Movies? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 3:03 pm

This is a genre of horror films that has been around for quite a while, and I believe it began to pick up traction with the film "The Last Broadcast", but it's one that's been around and has had some hits here and there. What's your take on them? Do you enjoy found footage horror films? What's one that you enjoyed if so and what makes a good found footage horror film to you?
Back to top Go down
Candle
Clients
Candle

How do you feel about "Found Footage" Horror Movies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about "Found Footage" Horror Movies?   How do you feel about "Found Footage" Horror Movies? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 7:14 pm

I enjoy them when there's DIY ingenuity and strong lore built around their plots. Effort and the devil in the details is really what makes it work for me. I remember "The Blair Witch Project" being one of the first things I ever deep dived into online as a teenager and I feel like participating in it's ARG elements gave me more context than the casual viewer who wondered why it ended so strangely. Should a movie require a homework assignment to enjoy it? no, but I think the digital bread crumbs of The Blair Witch went on to inspire movies like Cloverfield to do the same, and essentially created the youtube video genre of alternate reality gaming (which, like found footage, is hit or miss and your mileage may vary).

Is there more bad than good? Yeah, but that's true of any horror or straight up movie genre. To get back on the topic of what makes them good, I think there's a really weird punk rock parallel where the more movie studios get corporately involved and want to shill out more and more of these cheep horror movies (as they do with all horror movies) there's a diminishing return in storytelling, suspension of disbelief, and general interest. Is it possible to make a successful found footage style film with a decent budget? Yes. "Ghostwatch" comes to mind as a really successful TV movie that kind of forefather's the genre where BBC News just decided one night that they were going to shoot a fake horror story using real anchors. It kind of ends silly, perhaps to ensure the viewers at home understood that it was a giant H.G. Wellsian prank and not real news, but up until then it was played fairly straight, and in a way relying on non-actor types like news anchors to convey and narrate your story is kind of brilliant because they only know how to present like news casters and aren't going to overreach.

If I had any advice for anyone getting into found footage horror, it'd be to not watch the sequels. I might make an exception for Paranormal Activity because I genuinely liked the first two, but other than that just stay away from anything that has a number in the title. I'd also say avoid trailers, especially for [Rec]. Found footage is more about mood and atmosphere than jump scares, but a movie studio is going to put the few and far between big scares in the trailer. Also, check their rating on Rotten Tomatoes before watching. If it's above 50%, odds are it means found footage fans liked it and people who can't handle a shaky cam got pissed and left early.

Jimmy Johnson likes this post

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about "Found Footage" Horror Movies?
Page 1 of 1