Wrestleworld
Welcome to Wrestleworld! We offer here a world unlike any other you've seen before, led by Director, Jaywalker, and the Architects he has assigned to manage the 4 Championships of Wrestleworld that each represent their own culture and wrestling style! Feel free to look around and explore before joining, and enjoy your stay!
Wrestleworld
Welcome to Wrestleworld! We offer here a world unlike any other you've seen before, led by Director, Jaywalker, and the Architects he has assigned to manage the 4 Championships of Wrestleworld that each represent their own culture and wrestling style! Feel free to look around and explore before joining, and enjoy your stay!
Wrestleworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Countdown
Last Event
Wrestleworld Presents
DEATH SENTENCE 2022

Twitter Feed
Latest topics
» HaVeN
Devon Slayton (post-Death Sentence) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 4:36 pm by HaVeN

» Desdemona Luciana
Devon Slayton (post-Death Sentence) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 4:31 pm by HaVeN

» Phoenix Lestrange
Devon Slayton (post-Death Sentence) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 4:26 pm by HaVeN

» TJ Bennett explains his motivation for Destino
Devon Slayton (post-Death Sentence) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2022 12:02 am by UltimaPrime

» Anarchy unleashed
Devon Slayton (post-Death Sentence) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2022 12:00 am by Mr.Horror

» Smarten Up and OBEY
Devon Slayton (post-Death Sentence) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 11:46 pm by April Song

» Don't Count Me Out Yet...
Devon Slayton (post-Death Sentence) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 11:11 pm by AmberJenkins09

» My Destino: To Fight
Devon Slayton (post-Death Sentence) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 10:35 pm by Emmanuelle

» Lessons learned and that old familiar sting
Devon Slayton (post-Death Sentence) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 10:35 pm by Devon Slayton

Book 3 Chapters Champions
Under construction...
DOMINION Season 2 Champions
Under construction...
Discord Server
Wrestleworld Partners

Devon Slayton (post-Death Sentence)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Devon Slayton
Clients
Devon Slayton

Devon Slayton (post-Death Sentence) Empty
PostSubject: Devon Slayton (post-Death Sentence)   Devon Slayton (post-Death Sentence) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 6:13 pm

Devon Slayton (post-Death Sentence) 0426402805517b4c668eed4439299b8b

General Information.
Ring Name: Devon Slayton
Nicknames:
Hometown: Tokyo, Japan

Physical Information.
Pic Base: Trent Seven (ICW/Progress/NXT UK/Chikara)
Height: 6’2
Weight: 254 lbs.
Appearance and Outfit of Choice:
Black wrestling trunks and boots with white or black athletic tape, a black & white windbreaker and/or t-shirt that he removes before each match along with a towel that is draped around his neck that he hangs on the ring post before each match as well.

Gimmick Information.
Alignment:  Neutral
Tendency to Cheat: Sometimes
Gimmick Description:  
After almost twenty years in this sport, a near career ending injury forced Devon to stop and take stock in his career which made him realize that he needed to start giving back to an industry that he felt was “entitled” to simply take from and started to consider his own legacy, both in and out of the ring, rather than focus on the eclipsing shadow of his own father’s.

Having worked hard to burn away the “self-entitled Black Savior” persona that he had allow go to his head prior to his arrival in the Omega Wrestling Alliance, Devon has become a much more focused and grounded person as well as finally coming to terms that he is his father’s son which has helped to shed some of the mental stress that had hampered his career for quite some time, even though it does tend to flare up from time to time. But he is still a Slayton-a family recognized for being incredibly tough and serious about their craft, infamously gleeful for their sadistic skill with submissions...but he doesn’t view himself as a god or anything like that. No, Devon views himself as the man who sold the world and everyone else is on his time.

Brief Biography:
Devon thought that he had it all: a loving wife and the twilight time of a great career.

That was until his wife left him under a horrible narrative that she preaches was the truth and Devon simply lost his mind to his rage.

For months Devon lost himself to his inner grief and his in-ring career suffered for it time and time again, championships that he could've easily had won were lost because he simply could not focus because of what had happened-but in the end, all it took was for reality to back hand him like he owed it money for him to snap back to reality and did some very solid, serious thinking.

The Devon Slayton that steps into the ring after the events at Death Sentence isn't the "Ripper" or the "Black Savior" or the "Sandman" or even someone who feels "Righteous", no-it's time for Devon to go back to the basics and he's simply Devon Slayton...and he's finally dropped that odd ass haircut.

Motivations: To prove himself as a wrestler once more and to win championships, and most importantly of all to cause as much havoc as his fun little heart can handle!

Wrestling Information.
Entrance Theme: "Kingdom Come" by Cold Driven

Entrance Description (optional):
Wrestling Style:
Despite all appearances, Devon is a very well grounded technical wrestler whose primary wrestling style is a combination of the Noah/King’s Road Japanese Strong Style and British Catch-as-Catch with him taking a strong emphasis on strikes and submissions. He no longer attempts to do any of the high flying maneuvers that he was once known for doing in his youth but he will bust out a high flying move for old times sake to try and take out an opponent.

Devon has incorporated elements of his martial arts training in Kapu Kuialua (a Hawaiian martial art), Pencak Silat, and Kickboxing-things that had helped him recover from his injury recently as well-which helps grant him more striking power, but his knowledge of Kapu Kuialua helps him with joint manipulation which makes his submission holds much more effective in the ring.  

Favorite Match Type(s): Ironman, pure wrestling
Favorite Weapon(s):

Moveset Information.
Common Moves:
1. Multiple suplex variations
-Capture
-Deadlift release German
-Half Nelson, sometimes from the top rope or the apron
-Release belly to belly
-Trapping
-Exploder
-Saito
-Rolling release
-The “Upside Down” (Vertical spun into a Swinging Neckbreaker)
-Belly to back
-Bridging Dragon
-Dragon
-Super
-Tiger
-Vertical
-Northern Lights, sometimes while bridging

2. Multiple chop variations
--The "People's Razor" (Bends the opponent backwards and hits an overhead chop to their chest)
--Discus
--Drop
--High-impact backhand
--Kesagiri, sometimes performed multiple times in rapid succession
--"Machine Gun Chop" (Rapid knife-edged chops to a cornered opponent)
--Overhead

3. Muta Lock
4. Triangle Choke
5. Koji Clutch
6.  Muay Thai knee strikes into a butterfly suplex followed by a butterfly lock combo

7. Knee strike to an opponent's midsection near the ropes
8. Spin Kick
9. “Jackpot” (Superkick)
10. Brodiebomb/Liger Bomb

Striking Combinations:
1. The “Hot Streak” (Bicycle High Knee followed by a Spinning Back Fist followed by a Spinning Back Kick followed by a Running Knee Strike to the head of a kneeling opponent)

2.The “Requiem” (Multiple rapid chops, elbows, and forearms followed by a Spin Kick and finished with the Cursed Seal)

Signature Moves:
1. The “Black Flame” (High-impact short-range lariat)
2. The "Cromwell Invocation" (Vertical suplex cutter)-Innovated
3. The "Black Crush" (Snap Dragon Suplex)
4. The "Dead Zone" (Pumphandle flipping release half-nelson suplex)
5. The "Titan Killer" (Inawari Heel Hook)
6. The "Cursed Seal" (Spinning facelock lariat into a facebuster)  
7.  "Red Queen" (Vertical suplex powerbomb)-Innovated

Finishing Moves:
1. The "Hellbound" (Truckstop/Black Hole Slam)

2. "King's Road" (Brodie Lee-style High-Impact Discus Lariat with theatrics)

3. "South of Heaven" (Cervical Clutch)

Special/Ultimate Finisher:
The “Light Killer”  (Devon locks in a standing Tazzmission which he then turns into a Tazzmission Suplex but he rolls with it back into Tazzmission submission hold)-Innovated

Additional Notes about the Character:

Last edited by Devon Slayton on Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:07 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Clean up and slight tweeks.)
Back to top Go down

Devon Slayton (post-Death Sentence)
Page 1 of 1