Wrestleworld
Welcome to Wrestleworld! We offer here a world unlike any other you've seen before, led by Director, Jaywalker, and the Architects he has assigned to manage the 4 Championships of Wrestleworld that each represent their own culture and wrestling style! Feel free to look around and explore before joining, and enjoy your stay!
Wrestleworld
Welcome to Wrestleworld! We offer here a world unlike any other you've seen before, led by Director, Jaywalker, and the Architects he has assigned to manage the 4 Championships of Wrestleworld that each represent their own culture and wrestling style! Feel free to look around and explore before joining, and enjoy your stay!
Wrestleworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Countdown
Last Event
Wrestleworld Presents
DEATH SENTENCE 2022

Twitter Feed
Latest topics
» HaVeN
Take It To The Limit (Cynthia Rose Promo #2 for World Domination) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 4:36 pm by HaVeN

» Desdemona Luciana
Take It To The Limit (Cynthia Rose Promo #2 for World Domination) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 4:31 pm by HaVeN

» Phoenix Lestrange
Take It To The Limit (Cynthia Rose Promo #2 for World Domination) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 4:26 pm by HaVeN

» TJ Bennett explains his motivation for Destino
Take It To The Limit (Cynthia Rose Promo #2 for World Domination) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2022 12:02 am by UltimaPrime

» Anarchy unleashed
Take It To The Limit (Cynthia Rose Promo #2 for World Domination) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2022 12:00 am by Mr.Horror

» Smarten Up and OBEY
Take It To The Limit (Cynthia Rose Promo #2 for World Domination) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 11:46 pm by April Song

» Don't Count Me Out Yet...
Take It To The Limit (Cynthia Rose Promo #2 for World Domination) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 11:11 pm by AmberJenkins09

» My Destino: To Fight
Take It To The Limit (Cynthia Rose Promo #2 for World Domination) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 10:35 pm by Emmanuelle

» Lessons learned and that old familiar sting
Take It To The Limit (Cynthia Rose Promo #2 for World Domination) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 10:35 pm by Devon Slayton

Book 3 Chapters Champions
Under construction...
DOMINION Season 2 Champions
Under construction...
Discord Server
Wrestleworld Partners

Take It To The Limit (Cynthia Rose Promo #2 for World Domination)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Candle
Clients
Candle

Take It To The Limit (Cynthia Rose Promo #2 for World Domination) Empty
PostSubject: Take It To The Limit (Cynthia Rose Promo #2 for World Domination)   Take It To The Limit (Cynthia Rose Promo #2 for World Domination) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2020 8:31 am

(The camera opens on Percy and Cynthia standing toward the front of a packed line just inside of the doorway of a popular coffee franchise on the day of it's grand opening on Wrestleworld Island.  Percy's sporting a baby blue power suit that's quite the departure from his usual casual wear, while Cynthia roughs it in a pair of high water black yoga pants, some low top pink Converse, and a red flannel.  They anxiously peer over the heads of others in line in front of them as they slowly draw closer to the counter.)

Cynthia Rose: This is just the kind of thing I needed to get my head out of this match.  I can't believe Wrestleworld got a Starbucks!  I wonder if it's too late in the year to get pumpkin spice...

Percy: I'm surprised it's not a Tim Horton to be honest with you.  I'd actually prefer if it were.  At least they got my name right at Timmy's.

(A blue shell whizzes overhead, and then reappears moments later heading back toward the end of the line as Percy and Cynthia step forward obliviously.)

Percy: I hope your head isn't too far gone from the task at hand.  The Campeonatos de Parejas division needs all the help it can get in this one.  You're heading into the big leagues with the Bad News Bears and looking to pitch against a murderer's row.

Cynthia Rose: Aw c'mon now, things aren't that bad...are they?

(Percy turns to lock eyes with his now worried protege just as the whizzing of yet another shell emits from overhead and the line moves forward another foot.  Percy's face contorts with conflict.  Sensing her mentor's distraught demeanor, Cynthia motions for him to turn back around and step forward.  Percy reluctantly does so as the two resume awkwardly staring ahead in line.)

Cynthia Rose: I know I don't have a great track record with a lot of the names on my team, but they're still talented as individuals.  To be honest, I'm kind of on Animus's side on this one: I have no idea why we've been tasked with defending the honor of the Parejas division.  None of us are in a tag team together.  I'm a stranger to half of these people and an enemy to the other half.  It seems like quite the suicide squad.

Percy: Yeah, but in your minds...well, in most of your minds...you're at least all equals.  There's no infighting or power plays for the  seed of 'captain'.  There's no referring to one another as 'disposable pawns'.  Ironically, your team of individuals stands apart from the rest because...well...you're all standing apart.  The lack of team dynamic has bred an atmosphere nearly devoid of conflict.

Cynthia Rose: IIII dunno...

(Percy sighs, turning back to face his student once more as they once again remain oblivious to yet another blue shell launch taking place mere inches above their heads.)

Percy: Do you respect April Song enough to understand why she's your captain?

Cynthia Rose: Well, yeah.  The woman's a veteran and a hero of mine.  A big part of me wishes I could become as clinical in the ring and put a lid on my emotional stake in matches like she does.  She's also played general to some formidable teams since the inception of Wrestleworld.  I'm not only fine with her being our captain, I'm stoked to see what she does to further shape this team.  I mean this is the co-leader of World's Finest we're talking about here, not to mention one half of Sweet Melody.  The woman's due a major win, and she's probably more driven and determined to get one than any other competitor on the island.

Percy: Okay, so what about Jimmy Johnson?

Cynthia Rose: Jimmy's great when he shows up looking to put on his work boots and dole out some damage.

Percy: Do you think he will in this match?

Cynthia Rose: Absolutely! This is the opportunity of a lifetime.  I half fear it coming down to the two of us in the end if our team makes it all the way through.

Percy: So Jimmy's a threat.  That's good.  You don't know much about Don Jordan or MINORI, but they seem promising at least.

(Cynthia sighs and puts her hands on her hips as she tilts her head down to the ground and cuts her eyes away from Percy.)

Cynthia Rose: That leaves Kimberly...

Percy: Hey, you might not get along, but the girl's got a 100% success rate with you as a partner.

Cynthia Rose: Percy...

Percy: Seriously!  You can chock it up to cheap plays and inventive interpretations of the rules, but together you beat a team no one expected you to survive against.

Cynthia Rose: You're painting quite the pretty picture, but we both know it's not the truth.

Percy: Do you think you can beat her?

Cynthia Rose: Well...yeah.

Percy: And Jimmy?

Cynthia Rose: It'd be a fight, but definitely.

Percy: And April?

Cynthia Rose:...

Percy: I need for you to say that you think you can beat April.

Cynthia Rose: I don't know if-

Percy: Say it.

Cynthia Rose: I can beat April Song.

Percy: Good, because I'm putting my money on it coming down to the two of you, and I don't want to have to cover the spread.

Cynthia Rose: PERCY!

Percy: Kidding, kidding.  

(Cynthia cuts Percy a reprimanding scowl as he smirks and turns to face the front of the line, only to find himself right in front of the counter.  He looks around, confused as to what happened to the rest of the patrons.)

Percy: The hell-

Cynthia Rose: Language!

Barista: What can I get for you today, sir?

Percy: Gimme an iced french vanilla coffee annnd a donut.

Barista: Certainly sir, now what's the name for the order?

Percy: It's "Percy"

Cynthia Rose: Ohmigosh, is that Mallory Montana at the back of the line?!

(Cynthia bobs her head around the still massive line behind her to catch sight of Mallory hanging out beside an unseen interviewee.)

Barista:  Sooo...It's Mercy?

Percy: No, it's Per-AGH!

(Before his own name can escape his mouth, the blue shell reappears, cracking him in the back of the skull and sending him crumpling over into the growing pile of patrons who've dared to break a certain crustacean in line.  Cynthia spins around to look for her mentor, only to find a confused and tired looking Barista staring down at a cup label with sharpie in hand.)

Barista: Is that with one 'G' or-

Cynthia Rose: Where'd the man in front of me in line go?

(The Barista tiredly glances around her counter, shrugs, and then discards the label.)

Barista: What can I get for ya?

Cynthia Rose: Are there still any pumpkin spice items on the menu?

Barista: 'fraid not, hun.  We ditch them once December hits.  The seasonal options are cinnamon and gingerbread.

Cynthia Rose: Hmmm...lemme get a tall Pink Pegasus Frappucino instead then.

Barista: Name?

Cynthia Rose: Uh, just put down 'Rose'.  That'll do.

Barista: Got it.  Would you like-oh I'm sorry ma'am.  We have a cutter in line.

(Cynthia turns to find herself face to face with Mallory Montana.  Mallory gives her a kind smile of recognition and shoves the microphone in her face as the starstruck Cynthia blushes and stammers.)

Mallory Montana: Ah, I didn't expect to see another Wrestleworld employee here.  What'd you order?

(As Cynthia begins to prattle off her order, the faint sound of a whizzing disc emits through the air, growing as it comes closer in proximity before becoming nearly deafening as the camera cuts to black.  Moments later the camera comes back up to reveal Cynthia walking down the sidewalk of Wrestleworld Capital with her lips wrapped around a straw leading into a pink and foamy concoction that somehow passes for 'coffee' and her back adorned with purple fairy wings.)

"World Domination.  What a daunting task to undertake.  I'm not sure I want to rule the world.  I'm young, indecisive, and can barely get my own life together.  Then again, looking at the alternative, maybe I'm not such a bad candidate for the job of Atlas.  After all, my back is strong and virile.  There are some veterans in this match who can't claim the same that would love nothing more than to rule over Wrestleworld with an iron fist.  Maybe some are less tyrannical than others, but I feel as though the point is still salient.  I hear names like Reginald Dampshaw the Third, Chris Sabertooth, Ozymandias, Beauty Melanie, and even April Song and I can't help but taste the coppery bitterness coming off of them.  They all want their big break, that final moment in the sun, a last hurrah to prove all of their doubters wrong.  They're in it for themselves and not the betterment of their division, and I can't help but feel that their efforts are futile.  They've done plenty to show the world everything they had to offer as potential dictators and trendsetters.  For the most part, they should be satisfied and content with their past accolades, but part of me thinks that it'll never be enough.  There's always that nagging voice that doesn't exist coming from the locker room that they believe discounts or discredits their accomplishments in wrestling.  It's quite sad that they live like that, but as others have rightly pointed out; I'm no psychiatrist. I'm not here to help you find closure or stroke your ego.  I'm here to win, and while a big part of me knows that such a lofty task is going to be hard to pull off, I've laced that high apple pie in the sky with a lethal dose of hope and made it sweeter than such a sour patch of competitors could ever stomach.  

(Cynthia clears the chamber on her frappucino with one last obnoxious suck that drains the biodegradable cup of it's contents.  Passing a trash can, she no-looks a toss over the shoulder and clips her wing by accident.  She stops at the sound of the paper cup hitting pavement and turns to pick it up and toss it back into the trash.)

"That leaves me with the future of Wrestleworld to worry about.  They come in two groups: The fatalistic optimists like myself, Hana Nakajima, Lillie Saint, and even Daniel Horror.  We have steel resolves, we don't say quit, and we take our lumps both in the ring and backstage and come away from every tail and brow beating with a stronger desire to do more.  I've been compared to the likes of Nakajima and Lillie.  I feel like I haven't earned that quite yet, but I look to in this match.  I wonder if April sees Hana in me as well...it would certainly make for an interesting encounter if Hana found herself staring down a doppleganger of her very own tandem.  I wonder what our team name would be...April Showers Bring May Flowers?  Something like that...maybe less wordy.  Not that I'm looking to horn in on someone else's territory, but I do wonder what the dynamic would be like.  Maybe I'll workshop a name heading into this one with the hopes of making it a reality if I win...oooor if April wins and chooses me as a partner.  Who knows? It's kind of hard to understand what's going on behind her eyes lately, isn't it Hana? She's been dropping her old clique left and right, and World's Finest has been on the rocks since it's inception.  It makes you wonder...I'll leave it at that.  As for Lillie? I've been waiting for this opportunity to get the two of us together in the ring since arriving.  I want to show the world our similarities just as much as I wish to showcase our differences.  Styles make matches, right? I certainly wouldn't mind meeting you in the final four alongside Hana and April: The women of Wrestleworld showing that we can put the boys away and still bring enough energy to play.  It could be a moment.  However, I alluded to a second breed looking to take over Wrestleworld in the future: the cutthroat, ruthless, and heartless.  This consists of the likes of Animus, of course, Jay Jones, Kimberly Chase, "Coach" Hank, Xavier Grimwood, Kennedy Matthews, Jensen-Kidd Belmont, Danse  Macabre, and again, oddly enough, Daniel Horror.  Now that's quite the line-up of talented individuals, all of which hide behind something in order to make up for their inadequacies.  Jay Jones has flirted with joining factions here and again, going as far as to join a cult elsewhere, just to keep the numbers on his side and stay relevant and visible in the mix.  What's sad is that he doesn't need that kind of insurance policy on his side to do great things, and yet he leans on it heavily.  Animus is nothing more than a scared little boy lashing out at a world that's done him wrong, looking to dominate it just so that he can destroy it because he fears true responsibility.  Kimberly Chase writes checks that her in-ring talent can't cash.  It hasn't caught up with her yet, but I hope to change that soon.  Hank Hect hides behind the role of 'coach' in order to feel a sense of control over something.  Xavier Grimwood has turned himself into a lethal weapon devoid of responsibility for it's own actions.  Kennedy Matthews and Jensen use their past insecurities to simp out willing victims, but when it comes to true opposition that doesn't care what they look like they're doomed for failure.  Danse can't help but cheat because he'd rather take control of a situation and lose on his own terms than be bested by someone else.  Not to play analytics or therapist, but I notice a pattern of self-destructive tendencies in all of these people that will inevitably run them afoul and leave them hanging high and dry, vulnerable, and incapable of any other alternative other than relying on their actual skills as wrestlers.  I hope this match facilitates this stripping down of their ego and leaves nothing behind but the competitive muscle clinging to the bone.  I want the true version of these wrestlers, I want their real talents on display.  No more parlor tricks, no more smoke shows, no more hiding behind masks, titles, or a scorned past.  I want to wrestle the best, and these people, these young talents? they are the best Wrestleworld has to offer.  They just don't know it yet."

(Cynthia begins skipping, heel to toe as her wings flutter in the island breeze.  She stares down at her shoes deep in contemplation, as if troubled by a thought.)

"...and then there's Violet, Daniel Horror and Netual Coomer.  I see potential in all three, and I know they're well liked by others, but I also sense they're lost souls trying to find their way in this crazy Wrestleworld.  Netual and Vie have a tenuous grasp on the real world as it stands, and Daniel seems grounded but unwilling to share or play nice with others.  To me that's troubling because I know there could be so much more in store for such talents if you got your priorities in order.  If Violet could quell the war within, then maybe she could win the war outside of herself as well.  Netual could be a true contender if he focused his energies on a discipline, be it a clean fighting wrestler or a cheap and deceitful rule bender.  I judge neither path, but the man isn't a jack of all trades.  He needs to find a way to master one going forward if he plans on ever getting anywhere on DOMINION.  And then there's Daniel, the man who eviscerates meat on camera while providing community outreach for underprivileged kids in the form of a wrestling academy when the red light goes off.  You seem as though you feel like you have everything to prove and nothing to lose.  That kind of mentality indicates a history of self-harm.  I'd love to see the Peacemaker find peace in being himself instead of feeling like he has to live up to a legacy or a 1%'er lifestyle.  You're a good egg, Daniel.  Maybe it's time you stop killing yourself trying to prove otherwise?"

(Cynthia looks down at the pavement, her cheeks flushing once more in self-consciousness.)

"There I go meddling again.  It's who I am though.  It's my character flaw.  I try to fix people who don't ask to be fixed.  I stick my hand through fences housing feral hounds and wonder why I constantly pull back a stub when I try petting them.  I shouldn't trust that my team can pull through to the end, nor should I realistically believe I can personally beat the best of the best in Wrestleworld when push comes to shove and team sports turn into everyone for themselves.  Especially when there are still two intangibles that I can't prepare for on the Shogun and AD teams respectively.  So maybe I'm destined for failure?  Maybe I put a bullseye on myself trying to psychoanalyze everyone and solve their problems like I'm not some complete stranger to most of you?  These are realities I'm forced to consider...and yet...I can't help but smile and think of what it would mean for me, for the Pareja division, if I went all the way and pulled this off."

(Cynthia glances up at the sky just as a giant advertising blimp passes overhead sporting the team graphic for the World Domination match.  It quickly flickers away, replacing itself with four words in bold dot matrix font.)

Take It To The Limit (Cynthia Rose Promo #2 for World Domination) Downlo11

(Cynthia grins up at the blimp with a glint of adventurous mischief in her eyes.)

Cynthia Rose: They say the meek shall inherit the earth.  Wait'll they get a load of me.

(As Cynthia nods to herself proudly, the sound of panting begins to emit from behind her as a winded Percy appears, staggering as he nurses his iced coffee against the back of his head.  He stops next to Cynthia, who's still staring up at the passing blimp with a newfound hunger in her eyes.  He looks to her, and then back to the blimp, before rolling his eyes and turning to walk away.)

Percy: She's ready.
Back to top Go down

Take It To The Limit (Cynthia Rose Promo #2 for World Domination)
Page 1 of 1