Wrestleworld
Welcome to Wrestleworld! We offer here a world unlike any other you've seen before, led by Director, Jaywalker, and the Architects he has assigned to manage the 4 Championships of Wrestleworld that each represent their own culture and wrestling style! Feel free to look around and explore before joining, and enjoy your stay!
Wrestleworld
Welcome to Wrestleworld! We offer here a world unlike any other you've seen before, led by Director, Jaywalker, and the Architects he has assigned to manage the 4 Championships of Wrestleworld that each represent their own culture and wrestling style! Feel free to look around and explore before joining, and enjoy your stay!
Wrestleworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Countdown
Last Event
Wrestleworld Presents
DEATH SENTENCE 2022

Twitter Feed
Latest topics
» HaVeN
Should I Return? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 4:36 pm by HaVeN

» Desdemona Luciana
Should I Return? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 4:31 pm by HaVeN

» Phoenix Lestrange
Should I Return? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 4:26 pm by HaVeN

» TJ Bennett explains his motivation for Destino
Should I Return? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2022 12:02 am by UltimaPrime

» Anarchy unleashed
Should I Return? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2022 12:00 am by Mr.Horror

» Smarten Up and OBEY
Should I Return? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 11:46 pm by April Song

» Don't Count Me Out Yet...
Should I Return? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 11:11 pm by AmberJenkins09

» My Destino: To Fight
Should I Return? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 10:35 pm by Emmanuelle

» Lessons learned and that old familiar sting
Should I Return? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 10:35 pm by Devon Slayton

Book 3 Chapters Champions
Under construction...
DOMINION Season 2 Champions
Under construction...
Discord Server
Wrestleworld Partners

Should I Return?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jacob Steele
Clients
Jacob Steele

Should I Return? Empty
PostSubject: Should I Return?   Should I Return? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2020 11:00 pm

HOME | ASHEVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA | MAY 15TH, 2020

“Wrestling has always been a huge part of who I am…”

After the voice is no longer heard, the black screen fades into two grown men talking to one another. Around them, you can see a flowing river, beers in their hands, and two lawn chairs placed right next to the river. One man is wearing blue jeans, a dark tee, and some flip flops. The other is wearing just about the same thing, except sandals instead of flops. They both take a sip of their beer’s, then look back out at the river. It was a beautiful Friday evening with barely a cloud in the sky. The sun was starting to set behind the trees with nightfall just around the corner.

“I think you should do it, Jacob. You know you’ve always had my support. It’s been awhile since you’ve been in the game and I think it needs you now more than ever.”

Jacob takes another sip of the beer and closes his eyes for a second. He takes a deep breath and slowly releases it.

“It just feels weird. I’m getting older and I don’t think I can keep up any more. You know what I mean, Jace?

“You’re being too hard on yourself, cuz. I’ve seen you over the years and you could step into the ring and dominate with very little training. It’s basically in your blood.”

These two individuals who have never crossed paths in their wrestling careers are actually blood relatives, first cousins to be exact. Jacob Steele, the one who’s contemplating his return to wrestling, and Jason Cage, a former wrestler and Champion himself. They kept this under the radar until now as the family continues to grow and wrestling continues to be the norm in the family.

“What you’re telling me is that I should just go step back into the ring and expect to not get my shit wrecked?”

Both men pause and share a chuckle.

“You know, you’re right. I’ve been staying in shape, I just haven’t stepped in the ring for a while. Just have some bad tastes left over from before.”

“Is that what’s kept you away for so long? Bad tastes?”

In the brief moment of silence, you can tell that Jacob had a lot on his mind.

“I won’t mention the names, but you know what I’m talking about. Just felt mistreated, misused, underestimated. It’s hard to shake that when you know your true potential. You of all people should understand that. You told me yourself that you felt it.”

“I’m not saying you’re wrong at all, cuz. What I’m trying to get through to you is that you shouldn’t let those bad tastes affect your future. You’re not there anymore. Find a place where you can call your new home. Don’t rush it either, do your research and try to meet as many people as possible. There’s so many people out there who would love to have you just by hearing your name. Get yourself out there.”

Both Jacob and Jason take the last sip of their beer and crush the can. They reach for another and crack it open. As they take a sip of the fresh, cold on, two more people walk up with lawn chairs and another case of beer.

“Mind if we join y’all?”

It was a feminine voice, one that is very unfamiliar. They sit the chairs and the case of beer down, then take a seat. The woman’s name is Kaytlyn Parsons who is also a blood relative of Jacob and Jason. The man that’s next to her is actually her boyfriend, Maddox Ayres. Maddox met Kaytlyn a couple years ago and it was basically love at first sight with the two. Not long later, Maddox was introduced to Jason Cage, who was also an idol of Maddox. He’s taken some time out of the game since his last gig at DIVISION Wrestling, but is still surrounded by wrestling.

“Did I hear you’re thinking about wrestling again, Jacob?”

Jacob nods at him.

“That’s amazing news! Watching you and Jason wrestle was where I got a lot of my inspiration and style from. I know you still got it, man.”

A smirk forms on Jacob’s face.

“Okay, okay, easy now. What do you think, Kait?”

She takes a nice little chug of her beer and smirks.

“My favorite moment during your entire wrestling career was when you won the LEGION Gold Crown Championship. On camera you had to act tough, but the second you came backstage, you started crying. I think that’s when I knew you were in your prime. You were fighting with some big dogs and even though you accomplished so much leading up to that, I don’t think I ever saw you that happy before. I was just a teenager at the time, but I knew you were meant to do exactly what you had been. I think that tomorrow you should start reaching out and getting back in the game.”

“Damn, I didn’t realize you paid attention like that. You always act like you don’t know what’s going on around you.”

Everyone chuckles in agreement.

“You’re all right. I’ve missed wrestling so much and while I thought I put that life behind me, it’s just been on my mind so much lately. It’s almost like I’m supposed to go back at this point in my life.”

Jacob chugs his beer then slowly gets out of the chair.

“Thank you all so much. I love you, guys. I’m going to take a walk and reflect on some things, so I’ll be back shortly. Maddox, if you even think about touching the pie before I get back, I’ll test out my skills on you before you can even blink.”

Jason and Kaytlyn chuckle while Maddox has a worried look on his face for some reason. Almost as if he knows it’ll be difficult not to touch the pie.

A TRAIL NEAR HOME | ASHEVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA | MAY 15TH, 2020

This was the perfect time to just take a stroll through the woods. I decided to take some time to myself and think about everything before I make a decision. All this time I’ve been thinking to myself, ‘What if I never return to the ring.’ The more I thought about it, the more horrifying it got. I don’t think a life without wrestling is the life I want to live. It’s been tough the past few years already just being away from the game. I’ve kept myself busy enough, but I think they’re right. I think it’s time I step back into the ring.

I miss the feeling of coming out to a crowd that just rises to their feet the second my music comes on. I miss the feeling of holding a Championship belt and hearing my name being called as a Champion. I miss the feeling of fighting for my life each and every time I step foot into the ring. I miss hearing my name called as the victor. I miss wrestling.

On a side note, I don’t think I’ve ever realized how much I talk to myself in my own head. It’s pretty crazy how my thoughts are basically just conversations that I’m having with myself.

Anyways…

I have decided. I am going to return to wrestling. I’m tired of letting the past control my future. It’s time I put the past behind me and get back to doing what I love the most. From here on out, I will be telling my own story and you will hear it from my prospective. For too long, I let other people tell my story for me, but no longer. Since I’m coming back, I’m doing this the right way. I am in this for the long haul, because to be honest, who knows how much longer I even have in me…

I suppose I should get back to the others now.

HOME | ASHEVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA | MAY 15TH, 2020

As I walk back up to everyone, they all look back at me, beers still in hand. Jason tosses me a cold one and I look directly at Maddox.

“You didn’t touch that pie, did you?”

Kaytlyn grabs Maddox’s hand and chuckles.

“I had to stop him once, but the pie is safe.”

“Did you have time to think? You weren’t gone that long.”

This was the moment that my life changed. I didn’t know it at the time, but the second I said what I was about to, life was almost normal again.

“It wasn’t a hard decision, really. I decided that I’m going to wrestle again. I’m going to enjoy the weekend with my family and starting Monday, I am going to look for my new home. A home that I won’t leave until I retire for good. Maybe at some point I’ll see one of you there with me.”

He winks at Jason and Maddox who then immediately look at one another.

“I’m not quite ready yet, but I have a feeling I’ll be seeing you there sometime.”

“You know I’ll be there at some point. Kaytlyn and I have a few things to finish up before I get back out there again.”

“So that settles it. Jacob is getting back to wrestling. I believe this calls for a celebration. What do you say?”

I immediately dart for the pie before anyone else can. It’s the one thing I was looking forward to and I won’t let them get to it before me! After I grab a slice, I see everyone just staring at me with a smirk on their faces. That’s when I knew I made the right choice, and I just couldn’t wait much longer to find my new home.
Back to top Go down

Should I Return?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestleworld :: Roleplays :: PARADISE :: Character Development-
Jump to: