Wrestleworld
Welcome to Wrestleworld! We offer here a world unlike any other you've seen before, led by Director, Jaywalker, and the Architects he has assigned to manage the 4 Championships of Wrestleworld that each represent their own culture and wrestling style! Feel free to look around and explore before joining, and enjoy your stay!
Wrestleworld
Welcome to Wrestleworld! We offer here a world unlike any other you've seen before, led by Director, Jaywalker, and the Architects he has assigned to manage the 4 Championships of Wrestleworld that each represent their own culture and wrestling style! Feel free to look around and explore before joining, and enjoy your stay!
Wrestleworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Countdown
Last Event
Wrestleworld Presents
DEATH SENTENCE 2022

Twitter Feed
Latest topics
» HaVeN
UPDATED: PPV Promo Limit Changes & 48 Hour Rule Concerns I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 4:36 pm by HaVeN

» Desdemona Luciana
UPDATED: PPV Promo Limit Changes & 48 Hour Rule Concerns I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 4:31 pm by HaVeN

» Phoenix Lestrange
UPDATED: PPV Promo Limit Changes & 48 Hour Rule Concerns I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 4:26 pm by HaVeN

» TJ Bennett explains his motivation for Destino
UPDATED: PPV Promo Limit Changes & 48 Hour Rule Concerns I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2022 12:02 am by UltimaPrime

» Anarchy unleashed
UPDATED: PPV Promo Limit Changes & 48 Hour Rule Concerns I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2022 12:00 am by Mr.Horror

» Smarten Up and OBEY
UPDATED: PPV Promo Limit Changes & 48 Hour Rule Concerns I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 11:46 pm by April Song

» Don't Count Me Out Yet...
UPDATED: PPV Promo Limit Changes & 48 Hour Rule Concerns I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 11:11 pm by AmberJenkins09

» My Destino: To Fight
UPDATED: PPV Promo Limit Changes & 48 Hour Rule Concerns I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 10:35 pm by Emmanuelle

» Lessons learned and that old familiar sting
UPDATED: PPV Promo Limit Changes & 48 Hour Rule Concerns I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 10:35 pm by Devon Slayton

Book 3 Chapters Champions
Under construction...
DOMINION Season 2 Champions
Under construction...
Discord Server
Wrestleworld Partners

UPDATED: PPV Promo Limit Changes & 48 Hour Rule Concerns

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wrestleworld
Admin
Wrestleworld

UPDATED: PPV Promo Limit Changes & 48 Hour Rule Concerns Empty
PostSubject: UPDATED: PPV Promo Limit Changes & 48 Hour Rule Concerns   UPDATED: PPV Promo Limit Changes & 48 Hour Rule Concerns I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 2:58 pm

As you may recall, in the Wrestleworld Discord Server we were considering adjusting the amount of promos allowed for Pay-Per-Views. For the past year we've had regular shows at a limit of 2 Promos while Pay-Per-Views have been 3 Promos. However, we were looking into what would be best for everyone in Wrestleworld and decided to put it to a vote on the Server. The voting came out nearly as a tie in favor of 2 and 3 Promos for PPVs, so it was a tough to call, but we've decided to at least experiment with 2 promos for PPVs just to see how it goes. And while we're at it, for those of you not aware, DOMINION Grand Tour shows will also be 2 Promos. So for clarification:

- Book 2 Pay-Per-Views will now be at a limit of 2 Promos. However, our biggest shows, ARCADIA and Dreamworld, will have a 3 Promo Limit.

- DOMINION Grand Tour shows will be at a limit of 2 Promos.

Last edited by Wrestleworld on Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Candle and Ser Colt like this post

Back to top Go down
https://wrestleworld.forumotion.com
Wrestleworld
Admin
Wrestleworld

UPDATED: PPV Promo Limit Changes & 48 Hour Rule Concerns Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: PPV Promo Limit Changes & 48 Hour Rule Concerns   UPDATED: PPV Promo Limit Changes & 48 Hour Rule Concerns I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2020 5:33 am

During the Promo timeline for By The Sword/Rise of the Ronin, there ended up being some confusion regarding promos and I figured that another post here on this thread would be a good way to clear it all up.

It's clear that there have been some misconceptions about how Promos work. We aren't aware if this is something that people always assumed or if this is new, but it's best to tackle it now and make sure there isn't any mistakes about it in the future.

When it comes to Promos - particularly regarding Pay-Per-Views and Grand Tour events and regular Chapters that all have a limit of 2 Promos -there is a specific way of things. When Wrestleworld began, we implemented a "48 Hour Rule" which obviously means once someone has posted a Promo, they have to wait 48 hours to post another if their opponent has not yet replied. This was done to give opponents plenty of time to reply before getting double posted on and as an added element of competition for those posting a Promo and wanting to put up a second once 48 hours are up that they want to show how badly they want to win.

This evidently has led to confusion regarding the situation of someone double posting promos on their opponent using the 48 hour rule. People are under the impression that once you've been double posted on, you're free to put up 2 promos in quick succession to match it. This is not the case, nor has it ever been the case. We believe that only takes away from the competitive element of battling with promos. If you have been double posted upon and no longer have the window open to get 2 up in return, that is because you waited too long to start promoing while your opponent obviously went harder and got 2 up to show they wanted to win. And yes, we know that people are busy and feel they cannot promo until right before the deadline hits, but the fact is everyone is busy and it's up to you to find some time to promo and show how competitive you are. It's not something new nor is it unfair, it's something everyone deals with equally in their busy lives.

However, we will install an official rule to help ease this concern with people who feel it's unfair. This is something that's been done before and has been essentially unwritten as a rule, but as of right now, if you find yourself in a situation in which you've been double posted on in Promos and won't have the window to put up 2 in return due to the 48 Hour Rule, then you can go to your opponent and ask them if they're cool with you putting up 2 as well. It's entirely up to them if they want to forfeit the competitive advantage. But do NOT post 2 and disregard the 48 Hour Rule without going to them and making sure they're okay with it. If you do, your second promo will simply not be counted towards the result of the match.
Back to top Go down
https://wrestleworld.forumotion.com

UPDATED: PPV Promo Limit Changes & 48 Hour Rule Concerns
Page 1 of 1